If you are ready to create positive change in your life, all you need to do is contact me today for an initial consultation.
I work with you as an individual who is motivated to make positive changes in your life. Once we determine that you and I are a good fit therapeutically, we will determine a course of therapy together. This will include frequency of sessions, projected length of therapy as well as establishing the goals you wish to accomplish.
Individual sessions are normally a 50-minute hour, however, occasionally longer sessions are recommended.
- The initial few sessions with you as a trauma client will be 1.5 hours (75 minutes in session). This will provide sufficient time for you to share your trauma history, begin an assessment, and allow time to relieve some of the intensity.
- Following sessions will be 1-1.5 hours (50-75 minutes in session). During our work we target trauma symptoms to lower the intensity, and help you develop more effective coping skills.
- The initial few sessions with you as a couple will be twice as long as individual sessions, i.e. 2-hour session (100 minutes in session). This will provide sufficient time for both of you to express your views on the issues bringing you to therapy, and allow time to begin an assessment and offer direction for change.
- Following sessions will be 1-1.5 hours (50-75 minutes in session). During our work we explore the goals you wish to meet as a couple, and help you develop the individual and interpersonal skills necessary to meet those goals.
Other areas that bring people to seek out counselling with Sean on an individual or couples basis:
- Anxiety / Panic Issues
- Behavioural Change
- Relationship Work
- Depression / Sadness
- Stress Management
- Emotional Management Issues
- Spiritual Issues
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions
- Marital Issues
- Communication Skills
- Work Conflict & Stress
- Parenting Issues
- Family of Origin Issues
- Self Defeating Behaviours
Once we have decided to work together, information already discussed on the phone begins the assessment process. Gathering information will continue in our first in-person session. Together we will discuss your therapy goals and expected outcomes during the course of therapy.
Insurance Companies and Extended Health Benefits
Unless other arrangements are made, clients pay directly and are responsible for claiming repayment from their insurance plan. You will be provided with the information you need for filing your insurance. You will be provided with a receipt at each session. Many insurance companies frequently do cover counselling fees. Please ensure your coverage prior to beginning our sessions together.
Payment is due at the time of services by cash or by cheque or online through PayPal. If paying by cheque, please make cheques payable to Sean Latimer prior to beginning your session so that we may use all of the time for you.
Group & Organizational Workshops and Presentations
I provide workshops/presentations to groups or agencies wanting to learn more about the neurophysiology of trauma, building relationship skills, managing conflict, and general wellness topics.
If you would like me to speak to your group or organization, please contact me.
Please contact me today; I welcome hearing from you.